Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This Time of Year

This time of year always brings a certain sadness. The sadness comes without warning and I have to think about it and then remember that it was around this time in 2008 when Bruce and I traveled to London and had the most fantastic time. We left for London on June 24th, 2008 and did not return home for 2 weeks. When I have trouble falling asleep at night I try and recapture Bruce and I walking down the streets in London, Edinburgh, Paris and Dublin. I am holding his hand and we are laughing, so enjoying our time away.

This was always the time of year when we had some "free time". Bruce loved to vacation and he would plan at least a trip to Hawaii. This is the first year I will not be going since 2001. He loved Hawaii and loved vacationing. It was something that he lobbied for and eventually I would give in and we would go. Vacationing was not something that was easy for me-but I loved him and his enthusiasm was contagious. Ironic now that I welcome the time away with the kids. I love to travel with them to new and interesting places.

So the summer begins and he is not here to help me through it. I will carry the sadness with me this year although it is more bearable. There are things to do and now some new events to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment