Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Long time

It has been a long time between posts. The summer went by at warp speed. The summer before was agonizingly slow and this summer way too fast. August was a flurry of activities with 3 parties, travel to Portland, San Diego and New York. My mood is both up and down. I am excited about the positive events coming up-2 new members of the Berg family-a grandchild and daughter-in-law, and so sad that Bruce is not here to share it with me. I continue to struggle with the loss and the aftermath of it. October 1st I start a much needed sabbatical and of course have more on my plate than is possible to ingest. But I am putting one foot in front of the other and attempting to move forward. Is there any other way to exist? I have also promised myself I will start putting my thoughts on paper instead of the running commentary (a la Carrie Bradshaw) that exists in my head. Blogging is good for me-maybe helps me keep grounded. I guess I will have to see how it all turns out.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I have missed your posts. My husband's birthday was Sept. 13th. So very difficult yet I felt "emotionally distant". He would have been 56 yrs.old.

    Then the previous weekend my son had to go to the ER because he stepped back onto an Ikea furniture nail from a drawer that was dismantled on the floor. I remembered your previous post about your son's pinched nerve.

    Sitting in the ER made my reality of being a widow all too real all over again.

    I am approaching 9 months as a widow but over a year since my husband was admitted to the hospital. Life hasn't settled down to any kind of normal for me yet.

    I had to start all over again trying to support myself so I am under a lot of daily stress. My job is low paying and no benefits.

    Your blog is a comfort to me because you are a survivor! We have a similar story. Married for 28 years.

    Married young, raised the kids...we are in the same age group. Although, my adult kids are not married and I'm not a grandmother, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Have been thinking about you too and wondering how you are. Life is too challenging, right? What has kept me going is the idea that just as I could not predict the horrible turn my life would take-I also cannot predict the good things as well.
    It is hard to be optimistic but it is important to have hope that eventually life will be better.

    ReplyDelete