Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

Back where I started?

It has been lonely around here lately and I anxiously looked forward to the end of the school year but was not sure what I was waiting for.  The summer looms ahead with plenty of work to do and not much that is exciting.  I remain in the dumps and am trying to flip my attitude and plan something good.

This weekend I am going to tackle the start of the purge-getting rid of things from the past-both his and mine.
I am hoping that it will renew me a bit-but I think it will require some effort on my part to get past this hurdle.


4 comments:

  1. Thinking about you a lot as I am also making my way through this widowhood journey. With the end of the school year there are numerous celebratory events (graduations/weddings) surrounding me and it just sends me back to square one. I "think and know" I want to be happy for other friends/family but I am jealous. I resent the fact that their lives are intact and mine is not. I have realized that I may be alone for the rest of my life and that makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these events that we "celebrate" are so difficult. Want to be happy-yet there is that sadness/emptiness and the days that follow are horrendous.
      Take good care of yourself. We do not know what is around the corner.

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and have started reading it. It will be one year for me next week. Wondering where I will be in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard journey. Things do change with time.
      Hang in there.

      Delete