Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back in Time

It has been a busy month.  It started with a fractured foot and has now become an adolescent girls diary.
I have been dating and I have experienced a variety of emotions and experiences.  All of it interesting, some of it painful, a few bits of pleasure added in.

What I have been left with is a few thoughts about grief street and the state of the world:

1. The loss prevails.  Every relationship or coffee date that disappoints brings me back to the emptiness of the loss and the concern about the future.  Even though I struggle to stay in the present, I long for a future that is not solitary.

2. Nothing has changed since I last experienced the dating world.  Men are still elusive-they are emotionally unavailable or afraid of commitment - I had hoped that there would be some difference between men in their twenties and men in their 50s and 60s.

3. Dating is still a roller coaster ride and I have never cared for roller coasters.

So I continue to hobble along-need to be emotionally grounded and not so high and low.  I am hunting for some mental help or some brand new drug. 
And so it continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment