Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Home

I have been thinking about home.  Where is it-is home a place?  I moved so much when Bruce and I were young marrieds, we moved for school and for 1st, 2nd and 3rd jobs.  We moved 3 times since coming to California.  Home to me was where Bruce was-now that he is gone-where is home?

This week I am visiting my Mom in her new home.  Her old home was where I grew up, and I did not get a chance to say goodbye to the homestead before she left it.  And in her new place, I am surrounded by some remnants of the past.  There are pictures of me and my sister in the same old frames, there are some of the same items that existed before - and yet the feel is different.  That was also true when I used to visit her in her old neighborhood and it was hard to recreate the feeling of the past.  Everything changes with time.

I guess home exists in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment