Total Pageviews

Friday, December 21, 2012

Lonely End of the Year

It has been a rather eventful November and December.  Although Thanksgiving went well,
the day after started a series of events that I am still recovering from.  Long story shortened for the blog-I broke up a dog fight between my dog and my daughter's dog and sustained many hand injuries because of it.  I drove myself to Emergency Department, had stitches, then urgent surgery and hospitalization.  My right hand is still out of commission-and presents problems for writing, driving and typing.  I was on IV antibiotics for awhile and felt awful-now am on oral drugs and am doing better.  It has been a very long month-and the injury left me feeling vulnerable.

And now the holidays.  When I first started dating, I thought that the holidays may be different this year.  I have met a wonderful man but somehow the holidays remain lonely and I am left questioning my expectations and motivations.  What would make me less lonely?  What would a perfect holiday look like?  Of course all of the angst about the time off is further complicated by the fact that it is not even my holiday.  I also feel like such a baby that I am sad and lonely and unhappy.  I want to be able to sail through these experiences with a great attitude-accepting what comes my way and appreciating the good things in my life.

Unfortunately I am sad, and tearful.  But I know that I will get through this and it will ultimately be okay.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Sometimes things hurt and it doesn't seem like anyone else can relate. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to see if you're doing any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much-am doing a bit better and appreciate your checking in.

    ReplyDelete