Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Life revisited

Ugggh.  I have been feeling down lately and licking my wounds.  Brings to my mind such a visual of a wounded dog licking a huge gaping bleeding wound.  I am dramatic these days.

Recently I was told that I was undisciplined.  That comment made me sit up and take note and I realized that it was true.  Did Bruce help me structure?  For sure, and since he died my attempts at organizing my life have failed miserably.  He grounded me, he goaded me into being productive.  He was a motivating force for all who knew him.  With his co-authors, he was without mercy on deadlines and with his family, one of his favorite sayings was "just do it".

So I need to get some structure-even though I want to crawl under the bed and pretend that everything will get done without effort.  I would rather just lay and lick those wounds but nothing will heal that way.


2 comments:

  1. I am so bad about structure that I custom ordered one of those little rubber bracelets with the words, "just do it!" printed on one side and "no excuses" printed on the other. Sometimes it nags me so much I'll just put it in a drawer for weeks on end before fishing it back out. We all do what we have to do to survive, no shame in that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea. Maybe I should get one too.

    ReplyDelete