Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Another in the series

Today I had another loss.  The man I had been seeing for the 14 months called it quits.  It came as a surprise to me - and of course is accompanied by lots of sadness.  So I mourn for the relationship I had with him as well as the life that I had previously.

I feel hopeless-I guess a common response to this latest event.  I wonder how I can continue to put one foot in front of another.  I have been lonely-even though I had this relationship.  It was a 2 day a week thing-and at times frustrating.  But it was something-someone who was at the other end of the phone-someone who I felt loved me.  Not only do I feel betrayed by him-but I also feel a bit betrayed by myself-that I continued in a relationship that seemed to offer me so little.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your losing this relationship. From what you've said here it doesn't sound like your heart was really engaged....which is hard to do when you're still grieving the love of your life. Being lonely isn't a good enough reason to settle for less than you deserve---or being in a relationship where you're giving less than your whole self. Hang in there! We widows all have to let go of the past before we're ready for a future.

    ReplyDelete