Total Pageviews

Friday, November 22, 2013

Both Sides Now

I have been making plans to change my life - really change.  With that comes lots of anxiety, and some sadness.  Am I leaving my old life because I could not measure up, is it true that with the death of my spouse, there was a death of my motivation and passion?

I could turn this around and say that I am making a choice-a choice that I have been contemplating for a long time and that the decision is made from strength not failure.

But if does not feel that way.  In addition, I am concerned about finances, how will I live without my position-aren't I too young to retire and too old to switch gears?  My self-concept was that of a professor, can I truly recreate my identity now?  What will I do?  How can I recover from this burn-out and recapture some joy?

Can I really not look back and feel comfortable not knowing what is ahead?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a fresh start is just what you need to recapture the joy of living again, free from co-workers taking your daily grief temperature? Free from your own expectations set long ago. Burn-out happens even when grief is not in the picture, accept no shame in something that is so common.

    You're never too old to switch gears and recreate a new identity. But with the job market the way it is, take care in knowing where you want to land before you jump. But you already know this which is why the decision is so hard to make.

    ReplyDelete